Tuesday, May 08, 2007

25 years


At work on Saturday I noticed that Transworld's 25th anniversary issue was on the newstand, I picked it up opened it and the first picture I saw was a picture that had been on my wall for years when I was a kid. I bought the issue, took it home and read through the entire issue at one sitting. I lived in a transworld skateboarding household as a child. I brought a thrasher home once and my mother went ballistic so Thrasher was the magazine I read at school. Transworld was the magazine stacked all over my room with the especially rad pictures torn out and taped to the ever changing collage on my wall. It was the magazine I poured over each month. The 25th anniversary issue brought back a lot of great memories. It's funny that my kids have all recently shown an interest in skateboarding.
Note the Vision shorts, the sweet glasses and the bitchin grip tape job on the board.

2 comments:

sumobeats said...

Man I remember that skateboard and the sweet tape job! I had to ride it when you where gone...

kingdomforavoice said...

Ah ha, i always wondered about the extra scratches on it.The old Hosoi served us both well apparently.