Friday, February 19, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
This is pretty cool, Jeff Staple and Dj Neil Armstrong get together for a chat but they do it right down the street from me. As you may know Jeff Staples is big in the streetwear world and Neil Armstrong is a big time DJ so even though the sound isn't great in the clip it's a pretty interesting conversation.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Ahh the long haired period.
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
51. Bourne Identity (2002) “Matt Damon is Jason Bourne” Nice tagline guys. This is one of my favorite movies and part of it takes place in Paris.
52. Garden State (2004) Balls, this is a good movie. The tone of it is so right on.
53. The Thing (1982) “Man is The Warmest Place to Hide.” John Carpenter knows how to do horror.
54. There’s Something About Mary (1998) “Everyone’s talking about Mary” I can’t believe this movie is that old; it is still hilarious.
55. The Man With the Screaming Brain (2005) “He’s losing their minds” Bruce Campbell rocks, this was a funny but obviously low budget film.
56. Rock N Rolla (2008) “ A story of sex, thugs and rock n roll” The best Guy Richie film in a long time, the tag line really sums it up.
57. Fan Boys (2008) “Never tell them the odds” This was a fairly ridiculous comedy but that’s how I like them. The whole nerd thing is a subject close to my heart.
58. Style Wars (1983) Probably the most famous movie about graffiti ever made. It’s really cool and the shots of NYC in the 70’s and 80’s is pretty bizarre.
59. Push (2009) “One push can change everything” Not a bad sci fi action film.
60. Pitch Black (2000) “Fight evil with evil” Say what you will about him but Vin Diesel does this type of film pretty well. I liked this but like I’ve said I’m a softy for sci fi and action mixed together.
61. Last of the Living (2008) “ Those damned dead just won’t die” Pretty standard low budget zombie film.
62. The Devil’s Tomb (2009) “An evil entombed for 200 years…until now” Cuba Gooding Jr. has an oscar right? What’s he doing in a clunker like this?
63. Platoon (1986) “The first casualty of war is innocence” Classic, such a great movie. I’ve seen this several times and it’s still powerful.
64. Mask of the Ninja (2008) “Masked by vengeance” It’s good to see ninja films making a comeback, that having been said this was not the greatest thing ever made.
65. Step Brothers (2008) “They grow up fast” I watched this more than any other movie last year. That doesn’t count the times I would just watch 20 minutes or so as a little pick me up. In all honesty I probably watched it 20 times and half the things I type on facebook come from this film. “It’s the fucking Catalina wine mixer!”
66. Zack and Miri make a Porno (2008) “What would you do to get out of debt?” I know this was a box office disappointment for director Kevin Smith but I loved it.
67. Grandma’s Boy (2006) “Sex, drugs, nakedness rude language… and proud of it.” Sweet baby Jesus this is a funny film, all those guys from the Adam Sandler films that you don’t know the names of are in this. I would highly recommend this even if it weren’t hilarious just so you could see a monkey driving a jeep.
68. Terminator Salvation (2009) “The end begins” I really liked this, I think Bales did a good job as John Connor and the dude playing the terminator nailed it.
Sunday, February 07, 2010
32. Punisher War Zone (2008) “Vengeance has a name” I will watch any movie based on a comic book.
33. Fast Friday (2009) This is so good I could barely watch it all before going for a ride.
34. Yes Man (2008) “One word can change everything”
35. Sliding Doors (1998) “There are two side to every story. Helen is about to live both of them… at the same time. Romance was never this much fun.”
36. Dreadheads I will never grow dreadlocks, I was on the fence before but now, no way.
37. Friday (1995) “a lot can happen between Thursday and Sunday” Smokey!
38. Minority Report (2005) “What would you do if you were accused of a murder, you hadn’t committed…yet”
39. Mash Another awesome bike movie.
40. Friday After Next (2002) “When last Friday was just another day.” They smoke a lot of weed in this movie.
41. Walk Hard (2007) “Life made him tough. Love made him strong. Music made him hard.” So funny, after Step Brothers I’ll watch Thomas C Reilly in anything.
42. Enemy of the State (1998) “It's not paranoia if they're really after you.” Man Lisa Bonet is hot. This is a great, kinda creepy, action movie and it’s got jack black in it, bonus!
43. Valkyrie (2008) “Many saw evil. They dared to stop it.” Ehh, not that good.
44. The Golden Compass (2007) "It is the Alethiometer. It tells the truth. As for how to read it, you'll have to learn by yourself." Bad ass polar bears, do I need to go on?
45. Green Street Hooligans II (2009) “Fight for Respect” Not as good as the original but still a pretty good film.
46. Let the Right One in (2008) “Eli is 12 years old. She's been 12 for over 200 years and, she just moved in next door” A very cool horror film, it’s in Russian or something so prepare to read.
47. Police Academy II (1985) “Watch out! They've got to clean up the worst crime district in the world. But that's no problem. They're the worst police force in the universe.” After all these years it still holds up.
48. I Heart Huckabees (2004) “An existential comedy.” Good stuff.
Saturday, February 06, 2010
Friday, February 05, 2010
12. Quantum of Solace (2008) I like a good action movie.
13. Lucky Number Slevin (2006) “Wrong time, wrong place, wrong number” Great movie, whatshisface is a good actor.
14. Dragon Wars (2007) “They’ve made our world their battleground” Just read the title.
15. Contract Killers (2008) “Trust is such a fragile thing” I don’t remember this movie, that’s not a good review is it?
16. Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) “Life isn’t measured in minutes but in moments” I sat through this whole thing and the baby doesn’t talk?!
17. Bullitt (1968) Steve McQueen, a mustang, a turtleneck, soooo cool. I’m not even going to get into the greatness of the car chase.
18. In the Electric Mist (2009) Good film, I feel like I should say atmosphere at some point because this has got it in spades.
19. Against the Dark (2009) “He lives by the sword, they will die by it” Steven Seagal in all of his cheese filled glory. I feel like I shouldn’t recommend this but it’s Steven Seagal.
20. The good, the bad, the weird (2008) Mostly the weird.
21. Defiance (2008) “Freedom begins with an act of defiance” This movie was amazing. I’ve since read that Daniel Craig’s leather jacket isn’t period correct.
22. Revolutionary Road (2008) Heavy.
23. Beverly Hills Cop (1984) “In Detroit a cop learns to take the heat. In LA he learns to keep his cool.” Classic Eddie Murphy i.e. when he was funny.
24. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) Did I mention that I like action movies? I also like vampires and werewolves. Trifecta!!
25. Halloween(2007) “Evil has a destiny” Pretty good for a remake, most of those old horror movies don’t hold up so this is probably a good thing.
26. Thick as Thieves (2009) “Never Trust a Thief” Not a bad film.
27. Milk(2008) “His life changed history, his courage changed lives” Pretty awesome.
28. V for Vendetta(2005) “Remember, remember the 5th of November, the gun powder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot” This movie rocks and it’s good to know that Natalie Portman looks sexy with a shaved head.
29. Dead Set (2008) This is a great movie/miniseries, zombies and reality t.v. combined.
30. The Darjeeling Limited(2007) I wasn’t blown away but maybe my expectations were too high.
Thursday, February 04, 2010
1. Twilight (2008) “When you can live forever what do you live for?” Meh, pretty much the same reaction I had to the book.
2. Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrels”(1998) “A disgrace to criminals everywhere” Guy Richie at his best.
3. Starship Troopers III: Marauders (2008) “You know what to do, get in there and kill ‘em all” Strictly unthinking action. The alien bugs are cool looking.
4. Eagle Eye (2008) “If you want to live you will obey” I was impressed.
5. Baby Mama (2008) “Would you put your eggs in this basket?” Pretty funny, nothing too memorable.
6. Pet Cemetery (1989) “ Sometimes dead is better”. Is this the best Stephen King novel -turned- movie? Damn that’s a creepy cat.
7. Without A Paddle: Nature’s Calling (2009) "Three guys, one chance, no plan” Not the funniest thing ever but boobs are always nice.
8. Idle Hands (1999) “ The touching story of a boy and his right hand” Sheer awesomeness.
9. Alien Raiders (2008) A well done low budget film.
10. Taken (2008) “They took his daughter, he’ll take their lives” I still can’t get over the fact that Paris shows up in lots of films and when it does I can usually tell where in the city the action is taking place. This movie was amazing but will put you off ever letting your daughter out of your sight. Liam Neeson is a bad ass.