Thursday, March 30, 2006
Look I got some new shoes. They were at Ross and they were cheap. The only dilemma is that I don't particularly like the team. I don't hate them I just don't really follow them. They do have Ronaldinho so they've got that going for them.
You are 100% Oklahoman if:
1. You can properly pronounce Eufaula, Gotebo,Okemah, and Chickasha.
2. You think that people who complain aboutthe wind in their states are sissies.
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal togo out in the yard and look for a funnel.
4. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten carswaiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
5. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to"A/C" in the same day.
6. You know that the true value of a parkingspace is not determined by the distance to thedoor, but by the availability of shade.
7. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
8. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
9. You think everyone from a bigger city hasan accent.
10. You measure distance in minutes. ("I'mabout 5 minutes away.")
11. You refer to the capital of Oklahoma as"The City."
12. It doesn't bother you to use an airportnamed for a man who died in an airplanecrash.
13. Little smokies are something you serveonly for special occasions.
14. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
15. You listen to the weather forecast beforepicking out an outfit.
16. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
17. Someone you know has used a footballschedule to plan their wedding date.
18. You have known someone who has had onebelt buckle bigger than your fist.
19. A bad traffic jam involves two cars staringeach other down at a four- way stop, eachdetermined! to be the most polite and let the other gofirst.
20. You know in which state "Miam-uh" is and in which state "Miam-ee" is.
21. You aren't surprised to find movie rental,ammunition, and bait all in the same store.
22. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.
23. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. AFord F350 4x4 is.
24. You know everything goes better with Ranch.
25. You learned how to shoot a gun before youlearned how to multiply.
26. You actually get these jokes and are"fixin" to send them to your friends..
27. Finally, you are 100% Oklahoman if youhave ever heard this conversation:
"You wanna Coke?"
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
I'm sure if you read any music blogs you are already aware of this band and song Band of Horses - The Funeral. It is a truely awesome piece, a lot of people are comparing the sound to My Morning Jacket and i tend to agree. I got a show from this year that is really good, maybe they will be at Lolapalooza or ACL this year.
Saturday, March 25, 2006
The funny part of the whole thing was that two days after the Morrissey show we were back at the Cain's for the Atmosphere show and got to walk right in and I hadn't brought along my camera.
Anyway here is a picture of Ryan before the show. Notice how prepared he is. Also check out the sweet scoregasms jersey. And he has on his wedding ring.
Friday, March 24, 2006
While I know statistically flying is safer than driving it still makes me nervous so I hope this bad as gun toting Jesus is looking after my lady today and not the wimpy wash your feet one.
Sorry Jesus I found this picture of you and just wanted an excuse to use it, you keep washing those feet.
Thursday, March 23, 2006
G! is safe and sound in Vermont today with a big heavy coat to keep her warm. Here in Oklahoma we have several inches of snow on the ground and a box of hats and gloves. G! put all of our heavy winter coats into storage before she left so things are a bit chilly.
My long list of things to get done over spring break is slowly getting a few check marks. I don't know if i'll get to everything but Chloe's room is completely done.
Friday, March 17, 2006
Thursday, March 16, 2006
I was able to catch the Atmosphere show last night, my first hip hop show I might add.
The show kicked off with a guy named listener(probably not the name his mommy gave him). I was a bit unimpressed, it was just him rapping along to a prerecorded track in front of a video screen showing infomercial. I did see a really cool sword that I think Baomi's boyfriend would probably like. We actually sat down(a first for a Cain's show) and waited for the next act while watching for hip hop cowboys.
Los Nativos were next and they were pretty good. I believe their dj's name was bip bong but I could be wrong. They did a song about buying chicken that made me very hungry. A very drunk fat guy attempted to break dance behind us. The base was so loud that it made me have to pee.
Atmosphere came out with just his Dj Ant and one of the rappers from Los Nativos for the first part of his set. After a few songs Slug brought out an entire band and commenced to really put it down. The live band sound was miles better then just the dj. The set was pretty heavy with songs off of the new album but I did get to hear a live band version of "God Loves Ugly". Odida will be pleased to know that he did part of "slow and low". Overall I was really impressed. The venue was about half full but Slug seemed to be giving it his all. I would love to see him again, he made the fat girls behind us shake their moneymakers(that's not a good thing).
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Last night's show was spectacular. One of my best concert experiences ever, I love it when these groups that I worshiped in high school come out and prove that they still have it.
This was the first show of Moz's tour for the new album Ringleader of the tormentors(or Cheerleader of the tormentors as he called it during the show) so I was a little nervous about the quality and length of the show but it turned out to be great on both counts. It was really a sensory overload so there wasn't a lot of coherence to the night but here are the things that I clearly remember.
- Somehow I ended up driving.
- Ryan spilled beer all over the car.
- Tiger Army was a vaguely skinheadish pychobilly band that was loud and pretty good.
- G! cried.
- I saw a Hitler Mime- I shit you not, I was even sober at that point. G! and Ryan also saw him.
- Morrissey owns the stage.
- They weren't selling six-packs
- Morrissey's band wore black v neck sweaters.
- Morrissey has fans from all walks of life, from old gay dudes to skinheads and hardcore straight edgers.
- G! screamed.
- Morrissey had a kick ass t-shirt for sale for forty dollars... a t-shirt.
- I was tempted by that t-shirt.
- I screamed and laughed maniacally when Morrissey appeared.
- Moz changed shirts three times. Blue ruffly shirt-black button up(which he ripped off and threw into the crowd)- pink striped button down.
- G! found Britten and Jeff.
- Phil asked G! and Ryan for a birthday blow job
- G! jumped up and down a lot.
- G! found Karen and a girl with massive, white cleavage.
- Morrissey had a huge gong on stage.
- Ryan had a sexual encounter with a short Hispanic fellow with a tiny mustache.
- G! used a skinhead to plow to the front of the stage.
- Morrissey looks good!
- Dave makes an awesome chocolate cake
- Phil was wicked drunk.
You have killed me(Opener)
Girlfriend in a coma
How Soon is now?
Make the boy happy
English blood, Irish Heart.
Everyday is like Sunday
First of the gang to die
G! and Ryan what else did he play? Phil remembers very little.
Monday, March 13, 2006
Thursday, March 09, 2006
I mentioned some Velvet Underground demos that i had found somewhere and thought i'd post one. This is the demo for All Tomorrow's Parties one of my favorite VU songs. This is an in studio play it a dozen times in a row situation so it's not for the casual fan.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Back to job number two after two days off. What did i do with my time before i worked around the clock?
Belle & Sebastian will help us keep our spirits up with this track off of their awesome new album The Life Pursuit. Another Sunny Day
G! and i watched part of the high school soccer game. It ended in a shoot out. I thought everyone was going to the extra quarter to decide ties.
Monday, March 06, 2006
I got back to ripping all of my cds to store on my external hard drive and after ripping a bunch of Morrissey and The Smiths i came across the Femmes. I don't know if anyone was into the Femmes later albums but Why do Birds sing is probably my favorite album by them. There are way too many awesome songs so i may post several of them in the next few days but i'll start with I'm Free and dedicate it to Main. Where is that guy?
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Adidas(who doesn't use child or semi-slave labor only surley midgets) has released a shoe in honor of one of Luke's idols "Pistol" Pete Maravich. If i were rich(say i had a lawyer wife) i would get him a pair for his birthday, which is fast approaching. You can get yours at www.eastbay.com .