Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dinosaur Jr is back

Remember when Dinosaur Jr were awesome? After they started shedding members(Lou Barlow, Murph) and fighting they were still good but not quite where they had once been, but in all honesty I really liked Green Mind. Well all the boys are back and with the new album Farm they are back to form. I've been excited for this new album since seeing the video for Over It a couple of months ago but in the back of my mind I felt like the entire album couldn't be as good as this song, it is. I did like Beyond(the first new album with the original members) but this album is a tad heavier a little bit prettier and to my ear just better. I'm guessing J has loosened the reins a little and is letting everyone have a little input. The band as a whole sound good and they seem to be having fun in the music.

Dinosaur jr has stayed on my radar for the last few years with Nike putting out a great high top dunk in their honor and Alien workshop putting out a board with their graphic on it as well as including J and one of their songs in the most excellent Mind Field video released last year(which also included two Animal Collective songs, check it out if you get a chance). Hopefully I'll be able to catch them when they play Paris in a couple of months.



Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Mike Watt sitting on the truck and at the party.

No comments: