Friday, December 15, 2006

Arcade fire

Yes, we finally have some news from everyones favorite Canadiens The Arcade Fire. The band have set up a phone service where you can call in to hear the new song Intervention from the upcomiing album Neon Bible. The number is 1-866-Neonbible ext 7777. This album will undoubtable be pretty huge. Their upcoming five date stands in London and Montreal both sold out in something like two minutes. One of my goals for next year will be to see them again, looks like i might have to be on my toes to get that done. False 45th and i have talked about the amazing fact that the most anticipated indie release in years has been leak free so far. I guess as soon as the record company gets involved the chances of something getting out will skyrocket but they've done a great job so far.

1 comment:

Flatlander said...

I just learned of those Montreal shows the other day. I can't believe I let them slip by me.

It looks like they are going for $75 a ticket on eBay but there is some weird message on Ticketmaster saying they are going to match up people with their email addresses at the door to prevent professional scalping. I don't understand how that would work. It's not like my email address is tatooed across my forehead or on my driver's license.

Regardless, they are promising more shows. So, all hope is not lost.

By the way..."Intervention" is fantastic. I don't know what they are going to do about the organ parts on tour. I know bands will lug around 300 lb. Hammond Organs but church pipes might be a bit much.