Thursday, August 04, 2005

My Days grow short.

School is once again quickly approaching. I sat in a meeting all day long as representatives from each grade pre k-12 went over everything they teach in a year. Thank god I had my palm along, I must have played 100 games of solitaire.
Plans have now been finalized for ACL. Tickets for it and the Arcade Fire/Black Keys show on Friday have been ordered, hotel room reserved, car procured for the drive and money saved for food and shirts. Now we wait for the weather. Last year was hot. We spent way too much on cold beverages. And oddly enough I carried a lined rain jacket in my pack the entire time. The reason for that was ACL two years ago when we were rained on everyday of the festival. It did clear long enough for us to meet Conor of bright eyes fame after spotting him watching the Ben Kweller set from off stage. Anyway this year I have a battery powered misting fan to combat the heat. It's going to be a good time.

No comments: