Friday, January 06, 2006

The National



I listened to a couple of songs from The National a while ago when everyone was blogging about their tour troubles with Clap Your Hands but I really didn't like what I heard. Yesterday I just happened to have a copy of their disc Alligator and so I put it on while I was grading papers and loved it. Maybe it's the mood I'm in but there are several standout tracks on this disc. I regret not giving it a closer listen sooner. Anyway I'd like to highly recommend this album to those of you that are open to new sounds that are slightly depressed and at times a bit angry. I'll try to put up some mp3's later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is good car music. too bad we can't listen to it in the car.

Anonymous said...

Alligator got the indietorrents top 10 for 2005. It was good stuff but I have a hard time getting into the guy's voice.